Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tuesday Thingers!


Today's question from The Boston Bibliophile:

Cataloging sources. What cataloging sources do you use most? Any particular reason? Any idiosyncratic choices, or foreign sources, or sources you like better than others? Are you able to find most things through LT's almost 700 sources?

I mainly catalog through Amazon.com like everyone else. I am curious why LT does have 2 amazon.com listings?? Here is my breakdown:

161 Amazon.com
79 amazon.com
26 Library of Congress
1 Manual
1 Amazon.com.uk

I do try and use ISBN numbers more, just to make sure I get the right edition. I do find it weird when you enter a distinct name and it gives you back books whose names are not even close to what your looking for as the first few choses..and you have to go down to see the one you really wanted!!

I have sooo many more books to catalog..and more keep coming!!

*************************


1 comment:

Kathleen Gilligan said...

Keep adding books :) It's so cool to see all of your books on there.