Thursday, July 10, 2008

Booking Through Thursday!


What would you do if, all of a sudden, your favorite source of books was unavailable?

Whether it’s a local book shop, your town library, or an internet shop … what would you do if, suddenly, they were out of business? Devastatingly, and with no warning? Where would you go for books instead? What would you do? If it was a local business you would try to help out the owners? Would you just calmly start buying from some other store? Visit the library in the next town instead? Would it be devastating? Or just a blip in your reading habit?


Since I do most of my book shopping online at Amazon.com, that would mean the internet was gone...eekk!! What would I do then!!?? Well, since where I live there are only a couple used book stores (can you believe not one REAL (new books) bookstore!?), I would have to drive 30miles to Barnes and Noble. Now, this would not be that hard, but with gas the way it is I definitely would not being going very much!! Luckily, Books-A-Million is building a store here in town that should be open this summer!! Yipppeeee!!! I can't wait!!

I could go to the library, but it is very small and I am not one to want to wait for a book!! But I do LOVE libraries...I spent alot of time when I was growing up in one...so I am all for going!!

I am just hoping that I NEVER have to worry about getting books..and that there will always be SOMWHERE to get one!!


No comments: