Saturday, August 16, 2008

Book Review: So Long at the Fair


Short synopsis from the back of the book:

In So Long at the Fair, Christina Schwartz explores the lure of new attraction and the pull of long-established love and the lengths people will go to in satisfying their deepest desires. Like Drowning Ruth, it weaves past and present into a richly textured portrait of the secrets and deceptions that simmer beneath everyday life in a small Midwestern town.

****
I have mixed feelings about this book, due to my high expectations from having loved Drowning Ruth. I enjoyed the two different stories going on in different decades, but there seemed to be a lot of build up of all the characters with no real ending for them. Lust, friendship, love and adultery seem to intertwine time from the summer of 1963 and 30 years later when the lives of Jon and Ginny are in turmoil. The ending did surprise me a bit, but overall it was just an ok book for me. I've seen both positive and negative reviews for the book...so all I will say is read it for yourself and see what YOU think!!

Rating: 3/5 (ok, just didn't blow me away!)

It's out now..so click below to buy it!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm - I loved Drowning Ruth, too, so I'd been looking forward to reading this one. Now I'm not so sure.

Anonymous said...

I've tagged you for a meme that's going around, if you're interested in participating.