Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tuesday Thingers!


Todays Question from The Boston Bibliophile:

Favorite bookstores. What's your favorite bookstore? Is it an online store or a bricks-and-mortar store? How often do you go book shopping? Is your favorite bookstore (or bookstores) listed as a favorite in LT? Do you attend events at local bookstores? Do you use LT to find events?

Well, my favorite online bookstore is
Amazon.com. I would have to say I do about 75% of my book shopping there. Since it is not a true 'bookstore' it is not listed on LT, but I do look and see what is listed on LT for my local bookstores. Unfortunately, I live in a small town so there aren't many bookstores to go to or one's having events, but I enjoy looking to see if there is!!

I do love going up to
Barnes and Noble in Springfield when I get the chance, but with gas the way it is...those trips are not often. The big news is that they just opened up a NEW Books-A-Million store here in Hollister!!! WOOHOO...It's really nice and probably will go there now...alot!! AND...I've made a promise to myself to venture out and locate the few used book stores we have too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Books-A-Million is a cool store. Unfortunately, the closest one for me is about a 35-40 minute drive. Last time I went, I couldn't help feeling like a traitor, too... like I was cheating on my Waldens. Silly, eh? :-)

Kathleen Gilligan said...

I'd love to go to a Books-A-Million! There aren't any nearby though :)

Anonymous said...

I try not to go into bookstores too much. It's just temptation I can't handle. I've always said if I suddenly come into money one day, I will splurge on books.