Monday, July 28, 2008

Just a little thought......

Ever since I could read, I have had a book at my side. I enjoy going in to another world, life or adventure of someone else's.

One of my favorite genres are the historical based stories from the late 1800's, around the 4 corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico). Whether fiction or nonfiction, I really enjoy learning about the past in this area. It might be that I was born in Utah and lived in Arizona for 23 of my adult years, but I am intrigued by the movement west history in that area. Now as much as I love the history, a little romance in the story and strong woman based characters are a MUST too! Here are a few authors I love to read and a few books I've enjoyed!

Nancy Turner - http://www.nancyeturner.net/
* These is My Words (and the 2 that follow "Sarah's Quilt" and "The Star Garden")

Rosanne Bittner - http://www.rosannebittner.com/
* Savage Destiny series
* America West Series
* Thunder on the Plains
* ( oh...just read all of them!)

That's it for now...but tell me...what is your FAVORITE genre and authors you have to read???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to read These is My Words. Glad to hear you really enjoyed it.

Right now I seem to be reading a ton of stuff set in England anywhere from 1300-1500. Ken Follett, Philippa Gregory, Jean Plaidy, etc.

I love pretty much any well-written historical novels!

Allison said...

Yes..historical novels are fun to read and learn from!! Yes..you need to read These is My Words! It's really good!

Tricia said...

Ooooh, I love Nancy Turner, but I haven't tried Roseanne Bitner. Thanks for the heads up!